PRE AND POST TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS
FOR DERMAL FILLERS
Recommendations for a few simple guidelines and both pre and post-procedure. These can make the difference between a good result and a fantastic one.
BEFORE TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS
- One week before hold (stop) Aspirin, Advil (Ibuprofen) , Aleve (Naproxen), Gingko Biloba, garlic, flax oil, cod liver oil, vitamin A, vitamin E and any other essential fatty acids.
- If you are on blood thinners, inform the doctor in advance.
- Avoid Chemical Peels and Laser 1-2 weeks prior to Dermal filler treatment.
- Take oral arnica starting 5 days prior to treatment until 5 days post treatment.
- Do not wear make-up on the day of the procedure.
AFTER TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS
Immediately after your procedure and for 24 hours you should avoid the following:
- Strenuous Exercise
- Going to the sauna
- Getting a facial
- Sun exposure/heat exposure/tanning beds
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Massaging/pressing areas treated
- Extreme cold temperatures
- 48 hours after your procedure you may begin adding your supplements including Gingko Biloba, garlic, flax oil, cod liver oil, vitamin A, vitamin E or any other essential fatty acids.
- If laser treatment, chemical peel or any other procedure is considered after Dermal filler treatment, the risk of eliciting an inflammatory process may be possible. Consider such treatments 1 week before and/or after Dermal filler.
Take oral arnica for 5 days after treatment to minimize bruising.
You may apply cold compress on the area lightly and take Tylenol for some discomfort.